VEX PD+ Live Sessions: Thinking Outside the Classroom

Hi @Danielle_McCoy @Desiree_White-Price @Tina_Dietrich , I wanted to mention that my upcoming Live Sessions - Makerspaces for Creative Learning, might be useful to you, because many of the ideas I’ll be sharing would be great for camps and you don’t need a dedicated makerspace for them. Here’s a link to the thread for that session! Hope to see you there!

Hi Aimee! I was interested in this session! My Elementary building is actually holding a Maker Space night in April. I’d love to hear your ideas!!

2 Likes

Thank you to everyone for attending the first Live Session! I will be sending out certificates for those of you who logged in via email and will also send a link to the recording for those of you who missed it once it is ready and posted in the PD+ Video Library.

Just to recap, we covered all sorts of camp materials from the manual to schedules to flyers.
If you have any “outside the classroom” ideas for this you would want to see covered, let me know and that could tailor a future session.

Thank you all so much for your patience! Here is the link to the video and all of the resources covered are linked beneath the video.

Thinking Outside the Classroom - March 27th, 2023

Awesome @Danielle_McCoy - I hope to see you on Tuesday!

We are almost at our second session! In this Live Session on Monday, April 17th, we are going to explore and talk about bringing STEM Competitions into after school programming. We will cover ideas for STEM Competitions for 123, GO, IQ, and VEXcode VR to bring the excitement of competition to students of all ages.

If you have any questions please let me know! Excited to see everyone on Monday :slight_smile:

Finally caught up on the Camps one from last week. I think I will be hosting a camp so I love getting all these templates and ideas. I remember planning and making these type lesson plans for the Carnegie Science Center camps and it could get super tedious to have a plan for 6 hours a day for a 5 day camp. These camp layouts make it so easy to immediately implement a VEX camp! Thank you!

1 Like

As mentioned on tonight’s live session, here is the link to the slideshow! So excited to hear how everyone implements STEM competitions in their spaces.

@Alaina_Caulkett The students had some much fun with the activity you presented on Monday. I am attaching pictures

The students loved this activity! Thanks so much…

2 Likes

For Session 3 tonight, we will be talking all about theming! We will explore a carnival camp theme, how theming helps to drive engagement with materials, and how to apply these themes beyond a camp setting.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight at 6:30pm EST!