1.2.3. Green Light Activitiy

I created the code following the instructions on the VexIQ Activity page, but my robot will not move. The robot will move with a simple drive forward code. The lights turn on and change colors. Can someone help me trouble shoot the issue? Here is a screen shot of the code.

Hi @Denise_Shaffer! Let me look into this for you :slight_smile:

Hi @Denise_Shaffer! I did some troubleshooting on the build for this activity, and it appears that some IQ Optical Sensors need to be mounted higher in order to detect “green” when the IQ Touch LED is set to “green”. I was able to resolve the issue by using a Double 2x Wide, 2x2 Double Offset Corner Connector [228-3943-277] instead of the 2x Wide, 2x2 Corner Connector [228-3943-134]. If you have an extra 2x Wide, 2x2 Offset Corner Connector [228-3943-136], you could use that instead for a better look, but the BaseBot uses the 4 that are included with the kit.

I have included images below with the sensor build I used testing this activity.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we are always happy to help!

1 Like

This is great Ben thank you so much! :slight_smile: