123 Holiday activities

What are some activities that you are doing during the holiday’s for students?

@Desiree_White-Price what a fun question! There are many many holiday themed activities you can do! One simple thing is to turn the 123 Robot into a holiday character, and use that in any activity that you’re already comfortable with.

For instance… have students turn their robots into reindeer and play ‘Reindeer Games’! They can make their own Rudolph the Red Nosed Robot, and play any game you want - from Tic Tac Toe to practicing phonics sounds, to driving presents into a sleigh, or pushing pom pom snowballs around the Field in a ‘snowball fight’! Here’s a quick example of what a Rudolph Robot could look like

@James_Nesbitt or @Laura_Mackay or @Anna_Blake or @Jessica_Drayer - do you all have other ideas?

1 Like

Thank you for those ideas. The students are going to love them.

Your reindeer robot is so cute!! Very engaging! We had students have to clear the “snow” which is cotton balls on the VEX 123 field. We used the coder and on partner would clear a snowball and then hand off to the next partner. The second partner had to start from where the first partner finished. They loved it! Basically any winter book can be used as students practice coding to beginning, middle and end.

2 Likes

I am having my students use the VEX Clawbot as a Robotic Reindeer. Santa’s sleigh dropped a ton of presents in Central Park. A fleet of robotic reindeer are tasked with collecting the presents as fast as possible. Students must be the clawbot and at least one sensor in the completion of the challenge.

@Lauren_Coker I love it, I would love to see pictures when it is all done.

@Lauren_Coker I love this. Great idea.