Brain blinking green and red

Happy Monday!

I have a brain that when it is connect to Vexcode it begins to blink red and green. Otherwise the light on the brain is green. I did an update and when I I checked the device info and the first 4 ports have no reading. What else can I do? I did all of the unhooking and disconnecting.
@Tina_Dietrich @Danielle_McCoy

Hi @Desiree_White-Price :slight_smile: If the firmware is updating upon connection to VEXcode, the Brain can blink red and green. Can you send us a quick video to see what’s happening?

Uploading: IMG_7352.MOV…

The firmware had finished updating.

Hi @Desiree_White-Price! Can it connect to VEXcode GO? Or only the Classroom App? If it can connect to VEXcode GO, can you send feedback via the button at the top of the screen? That will allow us to see the diagnostics.

Here is an article for more information on how to do so :slight_smile:

@Lauren_Harter I sent in the feedback form. Thanks for your help.

@Desiree_White-Price thank you! We will check on that feedback and see what we can find :slight_smile:

@Lauren_Harter Thank you…

Hello @Desiree_White-Price! Thank you for your patience while we investigated the issue.

Based on the feedback logs that we saw, we think it could be corrupted firmware. I would recommend forcing the Brain to update the firmware. Here are the steps to do this:

1. Ensure the GO Brain is turned off
  2. Press and hold the Brain power button for about 10 seconds, until the LED starts to flash red and green
  3. Connect it to VEXcode GO
  4. You should then see a firmware update progress message in VEXcode GO after connecting
  5. Wait for the firmware update to complete

Please try this and let me know if it helps. If there are still further issues, we can try other routes :slight_smile:

@Lauren_Harter @Audra_Selkowitz I tried that and it is still blinking red and green.

@Desiree_White-Price sorry to hear it’s still not working properly, i’ll reach out to you individually to help further troubleshoot :slight_smile:

@Lauren_Harter I am here from 8:15-4:05. My lunch is at 12:25. I spoke with my admin and she said whenever you can come out, that is fine.

@Desiree_White-Price wonderful thank you! I will email you with more details on when we will be coming :slight_smile: