Build the new EXP CatapultBot

Have you seen the new EXP CatapultBot on builds.vex.com? This robot is designed with an intake and catapult mechanism in order to launch Buckyballs.
exp-catapult-bot

The build instructions walk you through how to build this step-by-step. Let me know what you think! :slight_smile:

Holy moley! I am going to build that this week! I will post pictures… maybe a video.

2 Likes

That would be awesome!

1 Like

Im wondering if the kids can use that on the pitching in field! I will definitely have the kids build it, i just need a good lesson to attach it to. Looks like fun!

1 Like

@Omar_Cortez that’s a great idea! I think they for sure can use it on the Pitching In Field. We’ll also use this build in Bucky Basketball (which is coming soon). Very similar concepts to Pitching In!

1 Like

Cant wait!

DONE!

catapultbot-front
catapultbot

Overall, very fun build! Thank you. I will most likely have my HS students build this bot.

2 Likes

Awesome Mark thanks for sharing! Looks like it turned out great!

I also like the fact that it’s easy to see upgrade opportunities for the build. I already added a couple of sensors and changed the basket a little bit. I can’t wait to see what my students experiment with.

1 Like