Bulletin Boards - Dynamic and Changing

I’m always trying to find ways to make my classroom environment more engaging, but also truly reflect what is actively happening in the classroom. Was inspired by a recent 2 month project with Vex123 to make an almost storyboard-like bulletin board. It shows the kids where they’ve been, what they’ve learned. I personalized it with pictures of them, some of their quotes, and work. I’m excited to keep adding to it, making it an ever-growing bulletin board. And see the students’ engagement with it.
What are some of the most successful bulletin boards displays others have found? What has worked best in your space?

4 Likes

@Jessica_Drayer These are fantastic! I love how you incorporated the printables so students can ‘save’ their coder projects for later.

1 Like

@Jessica_Drayer What fantastic documentation! I love that you’ve documented your students’ growth over the course of the VEX123 project, and that you are going to keep adding to it. Please keep sharing pictures as it grows and changes!

2 Likes

@Jessica_Drayer Something else you may want to try is to have a ‘student section’ of your documentation space. Present it to the kids as ‘their’ space in your room to be able to share their learning. It could start small with kids just writing/drawing something about what they did, but over time could grow to have students creating their own displays to show their learning. I’ve done this before with post-its or half sheets of paper and tape (so it’s a small barrier of entry, so to speak) where I just have the kids write or draw a response to a question, then hang it up. Start with a ‘big’ question, like “What is the most interesting thing you’ve learned with your robot?” or something like that. Over time, your questions can get more focused, and students’ responses more detailed, as they get used to participating in this way.

1 Like

Great work @Jessica_Drayer! I’m in need of a classroom to do fun things like this! But I think what you’ve shown me is that I need to find a place for my student work too! Thanks!!