CAD Resources for the V5 Workcell Marker Attachment

Check out the STEM Library article CAD Resources for the V5 Workcell Marker Attachment

The marker attachment is available in the universal STEP format, compatible with SolidWorks, Autodesk Inventor, and most other CAD software packages.

The four files can be converted with most CAD software packages into a format which can be printed with a 3D printer. Once printed the Marker Attachment could be used in a classroom setting for IQ, GO, and EXP/V5 Robots. Did you know that dry erase marker wipes off of the plastic tiles?

I know a lot of you could come up with some fun ideas to use a marker on your classroom robot! What is your idea?

2 Likes

With that attachment on the IQ (2nd gen) BaseBot, you could start bringing activities to life from VEXcode VR! Have students at home make a project to draw something on the Art Canvas Playground, then have them try the same thing using their BaseBot and a whiteboard marker on the field.

I think this is a really cool addition to make some extra art connections :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Alaina_Caulkett that’s a great idea! I think you can also expand the use for this to V5 as well, especially with the It’s a Draw STEM Lab.

So many great uses! I also just love to have a way to print extra parts just in case. I know from experience working with the Workcell, students may accidentally lose parts, or break a piece off on accident. It’s great to have a way to print the part again if needed.

1 Like