Coder Cards

@Aimee_DeFoe @Audra_Selkowitz My Vex123 teachers have been using the coder cards. They’ve noticed that there are 2 hole punches in the plastic sleeves. Teachers were wondering if anyone has found small binders the size of the cards that could be used for storage. The Kindergarten teachers think something like this would be helpful in keeping them organized and easy to look through for the little ones. Anyone have suggestions?

Great question :slight_smile: The holes in the sleeves will fit into a standard 3 ring binder, which could be used with to hold a set of Coder cards, and then a printed page of the Activity they’re working on or printables to use, etc.

In terms of a smaller binder, I think something like this might work - you’d have to hole punch a 3rd hole in the middle, but that’s doable.

For a whole class set, you could also store the Coder cards out of the sleeves in a divided box, or a set of small drawers. Then either students or teachers can collect the Coder cards they need for a project from the drawers, and clean them back up into those as well at the end of class. Something like this, with the drawers labeled for each Coder card. (So all the drive 1’s are together in one drawer, the turn rights, turn lefts, etc. etc.)

I hope that’s helpful, or at least gives you some options to start with! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! That is extremely helpful. If we store them in drawers, should we be concerned about them getting scratched?

I don’t think that should be an issue while they’re stored. Stacking them up or keeping them together shouldn’t scratch the cards.