Coding robot

I need help coding the robots for the tug of war challenge (tomorrow). Can you please provide me with information on how to get started coding.

1 Like

Hi @Lauren_Baier and welcome to PD+! Here are some steps and a walkthrough of the basics for getting started coding with IQ.

1. Ensure you have either the downloaded version of VEXcode IQ (found at this website: VEXcode Install IQ - VEX Robotics) or the web application of VEXcode IQ (found at this website: codeiq.vex.com). There is no difference between the two, except the web version has automatic updates, while the downloaded version you are prompted when to update.

2. Connect your brain to your program via type “c” cable. (Search for any of these articles in the VEX Library for more help)

3. See the screen capture below. I modeled my code after the one from the Rope Attachment Practice Activity, opened the example template for the BaseBot drivetrain (did this step to ensure the BaseBot configurations matched the robot you are using), added my code, connected my brain (you can see the brain icon turn green when successful), and downloaded my project, which is ready to be ran with your robot. This is really all there is to it with coding!

To learn more about the wonders of VEX IQ, we’d suggest checking out the IQ Educator Certification Course! It’ll introduce everything from building to coding! There are also heaps of information found in the VEX Library! Here is a good place to start:

Within those links, there are also tons of other helpful articles! Let us know if you would like to see anything else in particular!

1 Like

Hi Lauren - here is also a video from our Video Library you can watch:

https://pd.vex.com/videos/your-first-blocks-project-in-vexcode-iq-2nd-gen