Cross-Curricular Music Lesson

I co-taught the Musical Beat Activity with our music teacher. The kids absolutely loved making musical code. I attached some photos and videos of the code, as well as the powerpoint presentation I created to go with the lesson. I plan on revisiting this. Next time I will have students think of a song (Ex. Jingle Bells) and create the code to match the song.

VEX Music Lesson.pptx (1.0 MB)

3 Likes

Fantastic!! I love that you teamed up with the music teacher for this one. The kids look like they are quite proud of their beat patterns and they are definitely having a good time. Thanks so much for sharing.

This looks great!! Looks like it was a really engaging lesson :slight_smile: It could be fun to do like a pattern decoding activity also, and have kids swap their patterns and try to figure out what the beat is. Can’t wait to see what you do with it next @Tina_Dietrich!

Thank you for sharing the presentation! This such a creative idea. I love finding moments that I can tie more than my technology class into my kiddos learning. Please post about how Jingle Bells goes!!

We have a special called “Performing Arts” that will start next week. I am also planning on reaching out to that teacher and seeing if we could co-teach a lesson that would have the kids use dance code instead of musical code!