CSforALL Conference

I had the pleasure of attending the CSforALL conference in Memphis last week. It was a great experience. They keynote for the conference was delivered by Mukami KinotiKimotho. Her talk was informative, insightful, and inspiring.

Mukami developed the Royelles Gaming Platform - a first-of-its-kind mobile gaming platform for girls. Royelles Gaming intersects immersive Tech + inspiring Personas + inclusive narratives + STEAM-focused learning adventures.

Someone I’ve wanted to meet for a long time is Ruthe Farmer. I was lucky enough to participate in a panel discussion that she moderated:

I also had the opportunity to chat with her - turns out that Ruthe is a former robotics coach! She was bragging to me about what her former robotics students are achieving now. We spent a good amount of time talking about the positive impact robotics can have on our students and communities. You can find more information about Ruthe here.

One of the main topics of the conference was what does the all in CSforAll mean? We discussed diversity in CS education, the purpose of CS education, research that identifies best practices, and funding priorities.

If you ever get the chance to go to CSforAll, I would highly recommend that you attend. The CSforAll team did a wonderful job running the show, and the attendees were all amazing.

5 Likes