Game Reveal for 2022-2023

When does the new game get announced? How soon do other schools begin their team meetings to get the new season started?

2 Likes

Hi @Andi_Sutphen,
My understanding is that the new game reveal is usually after Worlds is complete. We pre-order our game elements and our teams will start soon after that is released by coming together and watching the preview video and sharing their initial thoughts.

2 Likes

It’s never to soon to start planning your season. You can recruit kids, order materials, and teach them or review the design process.

I am already talking to students about their schedules and getting an idea of their interest level so I can decide how many teams I want to register. It also helps me to plan when I want to meet with my team and start communication with parents.

1 Like

My teams start working on strategy and early season robot before we get out of the arena after the game reveal. :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks James!

What do you mean by an early season robot? (my first year was this past year) Do you already start with new students? or use the existing ones for fresh builds?

1 Like

I think early robot just refers to a build that is very early in the season. Many teams have a bot built before the end of the school year!

Hi @Andi_Sutphen In this video that I filmed with @James_Salvant, we discuss early season robots.

1 Like

I heard it’s going to be a water game.

Not sure when that joke started but I still think its funny.

2 Likes

@Mark_Johnston I had heard tales of the ‘water game’ joke, but seeing and hearing the actual WATER GAME, WATER GAME chant take over the Dome right before the reveal was unbelievable! Just one of the many larger than life moments of VEX Worlds!

And if you’re looking for a water game… I hear this one is pretty fun :wink:

And yes, it was also exciting to hear students’ reactions to the game unveil and the IMMEDIATE spouting of design and strategy ideas as you walked out of the Dome and back toward the hotel that evening. Super inspirational! @Andi_Sutphen Here is a link with the game unveil video that you can share with your students to get them excited!