Grant Funding

Anyone looking for grants?

I just received a $1000 - that I used to buy the VEX GO Small Classroom Bundle. I told the company that gave me the grant that I would reach over 300 students - and that’s crazy to think about that I can do that with one VEX GO bundle.

Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 1.06.29 AM

I also suggest using DonorsChoose - I just got an email from Bill Gates and he gave me a $25 giftcard. I’m going to start fundraising for a VEX 123 Classroom Bundle. Just sign up and you never know you might get a giftcard to use towards funding too.

I also look on Twitter, Instagram and teacher organization sites. I’ve found that even asking in a good letter to administration can help.

I’m typing up a letter - and I’ll post it this week to give you all an example of what I mean when talking with admins about funding.

Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 1.06.20 AM

Anyone have grant tips? I’m always looking!

Thanks for asking, It was a good excuse to update my fund raising page!

2 Likes

Really great website @David_Kelly! I really like how you breakdown each area of getting grants/charity from organizations in the community. This is totally helpful!

1 Like

I’d also recommend checking out this Finding Grants article from the Knowledge Base!

Lots of great resources in here for finding US and UK grants including some sample grant cover letters and other guidance.

One of the great things about this article is that it has templates for funding request letters and grant cover letters!
It’s really comprehensive and gives actionable steps for educators to find funding.

@Anna_Blake did you see the templates for writing funding request letters to administrators in this article? (this is the KB article that @Alaina_Caulkett mentioned.
Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 11.28.11 AM

2 Likes

Awesome job!

Thank you! I just finished writing a VEX Corner Grant for our MakerSpace. fingers crossed

1 Like