Great use of mixed-VEX-media!

At the VEX Robotics Educators Conference, there were so many great opportunities to see how teachers were using VEX in their settings. I’ll focus on just one of those for this post - Peter shared what he was doing with his students using VEX 123, and his setup absolutely blew me away. One of the unique things about his set up was how he was using extra VEX IQ pieces to build onto the 123 Field to do things like create houses to sort word families into, or denote areas on the Field as different kinds of animal habitats.

But this, was by far my favorite! Not only had he created his own Meet Your Robot storybooks - but they were bound with VEX IQ PIECES!!! @Carrie_Gooch was just asking about ways to use game pieces in creative ways, and this popped into mind.

I was honored to be given this copy of the book to bring back to Pittsburgh with me, and I just found it to be such a creative (and durable) way to bring the book to the classroom library for students. @Omar_Cortez I’m sure has more great ideas like this to share, as he works with Peter :slight_smile:

What other ways have you used (or seen) VEX ‘Mixed Media’ in action?

6 Likes

This is amazing! I love it!

1 Like