Hello

HI everyone. My name is James Moore. I am the computer science program director at Legacy Christian Academy in Frisco, TX. This is my first year at LCA. This year, we have placed a new vision in our entire academy from pre-k through 12th grade to integrate robotics in our academy. Every student from pre-k through 7th grade will be exposed to Vex robotics and computer science every year. We are creating the ground work with our students so that by the time they reach 8th grade and want to continue with robotics and computer science that they can join the robotics competition course that we will offer in the fall of 23-24. Then when they move up to the high school for their 9th-12th grade years, they can continue robotics with our competitive robotics club team. I am not new to robotics. I taught robotics for 7 years in the public school system here in Frisco, before transitioning to LCA last fall. We are very excited here at LCA with our new vision and progress we have made so far this year.

5 Likes

Hello @James_Moore! Welcome to the community! I’m so happy to hear about your implementation program, that is very exciting! We are here for you every step of the way :slight_smile:

Hi @James_Moore Thanks for the introduction. Can’t wait to hear more

Sent you a message. :+1: