Hey There! New Vex PD+ user here!

Hi everyone! My name is Erin and I am a middle school Tech Ed teacher lucky enough to teach robotics full time. I am new at this however and would love any tips, tricks, or advice from veteran robotics teachers. I have IQ and EXP equipment.

LOVE the community created in VEX and cannot wait to collaborate with everyone.

4 Likes

Hi @Erin_Lowery! So nice to meet you! My name is Lauren Harter, i’m a Senior Educational Developer here at VEX. I would suggest checking out the recordings from our brand new PD+ live courses! We just finished week 3 for IQ (there are 5 weeks total for each course), and our third EXP class is on Thursday. Check out more information and the syllabi here.

We also record each week, so feel free to watch some of those recordings. The IQ one had some really great discussions over the past two weeks I would strongly suggest watching. Here I brought up the IQ courses using the search functionality. We have the same recordings for EXP as well.

Let me know if you have any questions! You can ping me directly in these threads with an @. If you like what you see so far for the courses, feel free to register and join us for the last couple classes! You don’t have to start from the very beginning :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Erin! Welcome to VEX PD+ and our Professional Learning Community. I look forward to working with and learning from you.

1 Like

@Erin_Lowery the VEX IQ class is so worth it. It’s a great group of educators that I learn from every week. Hope to see you there! Welcome to the community!!

STEM labs and Certifications are really helpful too. :slight_smile:

1 Like