I fixed an issue with the Electromagnet

I’ve been having some difficulty with the Electromagnet. Sometimes my code base built with these instructions would pick up the disks when I didn’t want it to.

I found that when the little bot moved backward it would tip forward and magnetically grab the disk (even though “boost” had not been activated).

I have two fixes that worked:

1. Slowing the velocity to 25% made sure it didn’t tip when reversing (this could be done just for any maneuver that involves dropping and leaving the disk) or the better solution…

2. I added another motor to the very back of the bot just to weigh it down a bit (it’s not even plugged into the brain). I also moved the blue wheels back one more pin hole. This solution works even at 100% velocity, even though the bot “kicks” the disk away when it moves at it that fast (but that’s a separate issue! So I’ll stick with 50% for the time being).

I hope this helps anyone else having a similar issue. I tried a few things before I came to these solutions but I tried to spare you those details lol :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for putting this tip and trick here - I’m looking for these kinds of ideas for my class :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up.