Introducing: VEX Entry Points, Digital Engineering Notebooks and the REC Library!

Entry Points

I’m happy to announce Entry Points for VEX and the REC Foundation!

Designed for both Students and Adults, Entry Points are our new “one stop shop” for our growing list of resources such as Certifications, Professional Development, and Curriculum. Entry Points are geared towards novice and experienced VEX participants alike, and will be continually updated with the latest information so that the content is always relevant and appropriate.

Entry Points for adults are customized for three different groups, Coaches, Educators & Parents.

Entry Points for students support our Student-Centered philosophy to increase student knowledge and skills with ownership of how their robot is designed, built, coded, and utilized in competition.

Alternatively, head over to shortcuts.vex.com for a list of all our resourecs!

Digital Engineering Notebooks

The wait is finally over, today also marks the launch of our new Digital Engineering Notebooks for VEX Teams!

With the growing prevalence of modern computing, we become more reliant on digital documents with each passing day. With that in mind, and with full endorsement from the REC Foundation, it only made sense to us that we should allow teams to craft their Engineering Notebooks digitally. These Digital Notebooks are easily accessible, shareable, and fully optimized for use with Google Slides (available now) and Microsoft PowerPoint (coming soon).

Some of the most obvious other benefits of Digital Notebooks include:

• It cannot be lost
  • Supports multiple, simultaneous contributors
  • Accessible to every team member and the coach at any time from anywhere
  • Searchable
  • Simplifies referencing sources online
  • Removes any stigma resulting from poor writing and drawing skills

Digital Notebooks and supplemental resources for both VRC and VIQC can be found at notebooks.vex.com

REC Library

Finally, we are also introducing the REC Library with organized articles on every aspect of VEX Competitions for Teams, Event Partners, volunteers, students, and parents. The REC Library works just like the VEX Library, with documentation, how-to articles, and support for all VEX products and software.

We can’t wait to see how teams utilize these resources moving forward! As always, if you have any feedback or suggestions, please drop it in the thread below!

6 Likes

I was one of the testers for the notebooks. I’m very excited for what Bob and the VEX team has done. One of my teams moved from a pretty messy paper book last night into the starts of a great notebook. One good thing from Covid is that roboteers are now pretty adept at Google docs/sheet/slides.

The page http://shortcuts.vex.com should be in everybody’s bookmarks. It’s a fast way to see all the information that VEX has created.

5 Likes

Foster, the feedback you and other testers gave on the early notebooks was a huge help. It’s great to hear that you have a team using them successfully already, and seeing early benefits! Woohoo!

2 Likes