Looking forward to learning together with PD+ LIVE COURSES!

I’m really excited for the addition of live courses to PD+, starting in March. VEX Professional Development Plus The flipped classroom model will give participants an opportunity to engage with course materials on our own time, and then come together in a live session once a week to discuss. Having had some GREAT mentor moments in teacher book clubs and collaborative classes before, I am really looking forward to this experience, and to getting ideas from other educators about how to make the most of an implementation.

Has anyone signed up for a course yet? What are you most looking forward to learning about?

4 Likes

You can now see the class schedule — as well as other upcoming events, on the new Calendar Page. Keep up with VEX PD+ events here (PD+ Calendar).

*Events shown in time zone: Eastern Time - New York

1 Like

Is there a way to apply these course to professional development or salary credit for teachers? I think that would be a great opportunity and a valuable way to recognize participants for their time.

2 Likes

Hi James. Thanks for the question. At the end of the course you will get a certificate with the approximate hours listed. You can then use this with your school to get awarded professional development hours. If there is something that your school would need to award hours/credit, let us know and we will see what we can do to accommodate. Thanks,

2 Likes

That’s great to hear! I submit my hours to my assistant superintendent at my district.