New Playground Suggestions

What kind of new playgrounds do you all think should be added?

I was thinking some type of mars mission would be cool. (I think NASA stuff can be used without copywrite issues - idunno)

I was also wondering if they could make movable objects like in the castle crasher but spherical and use them on a field with goals like soccer.

What are your ideas?

1 Like

I would like to see some version of the current VIQC and VRC field/games.

1 Like

I like the Mars Mission idea! We just published a new Mars Rover GO STEM Lab Unit (Exploring Mars Geology) that has the robot collect Martian rock samples (colored Disks) and use Eye Sensor data to sort them by color. The Lab 4 Play challenge would make a great playground and activity.

1 Like

Thank you for letting me know @Olivia_Kissel … I love it when VR matches up with the “real” activities in some way. Same idea with @David_Kelly idea on having versions of the competition fields.

1 Like

David, Have you see this? Its free to any team registered with the RECF.

1 Like

@Bob_Mimlitch - It would be great to migrate these over to VR once the 2021/2022 competition season is over.

1 Like

I would love for my students to be able to use driver control, similar to RobotC. Maybe different robots, also live RobotC and the XRC games. the XRc devs add the common robots in VRC, FTC and FRC and the kids can practice driver control. So in VIQC virtual skills maybe adding spitfire or clamp and VRC adding the Harvard bots amogo, etc. This would be a cool activity to practice different strategies.

1 Like

Great question Mark! My district uses Canvas - and when kids are absent or remote / quarantined it would be awesome to have VEX GO virtual playgrounds to add to my Canvas page for my playlist.

I use VEX GO but I would love to include that virtual component for my students who cannot be in person OR if the whole class is remote due to weather. For example, what if there was a playground/VR Lesson for each VEX GO STEM Unit? I think that would be awesome! And super helpful!

1 Like

Something that I am struggling with is timing for students on the field to program. For example, when doing the stem lab ring leader, i can have students do their 3 driver control configurations on one cycle, and be done quickly. However in one class I have 6-10 groups and 2-3 fields set up for the game and cannot give students enough time to program and cycle. So if they would have the programing aspect virtually it would make things easier. Everyone can program, and get things done online, then maybe transfer that over to the real life field and everyone is working. In short, my suggestion would be the programming aspect of all stemlabs be available on the VR, would be awesome! This way kids can keep working when no on the field.

1 Like

Thanks @Omar_Cortez Great suggestion