New Printable Field Setup Images for IQ and EXP competition STEM Labs

In addition to our VEX IQ and VEX EXP printable posters and rulers, we now have printable Field setup images for VEX IQ (2nd gen) and VEX EXP STEM Labs! These downloadable pdf’s, such as the example below from the IQ (2nd gen) Treasure Hunt STEM Lab Unit are fantastic tools your students can use to help with path planning, strategy creation and more. Students can paste them directly into their engineering notebooks without having to draw images of the Field, so they can direct their focus towards the engineering design process, rather than trying to draw the competition setup.

To access the new printable Field setup images, see this article. You can use the navigation links to the right to jump directly down to the IQ or EXP section to view and download the documents. We will be adding them to the Teacher Portal in each IQ (2nd gen) and EXP STEM Lab Unit in the days to come, as well!

If you use them in your classroom, please let us know how your students like them! And, of course, share any ideas you have that are working well for you in your setting.

2 Likes

@Aimee_DeFoe this is really neat! Will there be printable fields for VEX GO STEM Labs like Parade or VEX GO Competition. I’ve been putting fields together and doing mini competitions. I love this idea for students to work with a partner and strategize with the field worksheet.

I also like that I could make it digital on canvas and they could turn it in as an assessment.

Thanks for all the updates!

1 Like

@Anna_Blake That is a really neat idea! It makes me wonder if something like a Google slideshow with GO Field components on it, that teachers could customize to match their particular implementation, would be useful. I’m picturing a slide deck with a couple of ‘typical’ Field setup images, but then individual tiles and tiles with walls, that you could copy/paste or drag/drop to make your own custom Field images. Like lay out your particular parade route, and download it as a PDF to print.

A simple Field is in this VEX GO Printable (along with some others in this article). But being able to make your own I think would be really cool. What do you think?