Offline VEX VR Slow to load in Win11

Hello!

I have recently setup ten Windows Laptops for use with VEX VR offline. All the Laptops apart from one have Windows10 installed and all is well. One Laptop has Windows 11 installed and whenever the offline VR app is started it takes a very long time to load. I have already followed all the steps from the help (excluding processes, files and folders from Windows Defender anti virus) but nothing seems to be working. Is this a know problem or does a solution exist to get rid of this problem?

Thanks!

Mike

Thanks for the feedback - we made some improvements to the other versions of VEXcode VR to mitigate this problem, but due to how VEXcode VR’s Unity3D interface currently plays with our NWJS container system, a quick update is not possible and a more involved update is already underway.

Basically, the entire VEXcode system was compressed at install and then decompressed at runtime - because of the heft of VEXcode VR (those Playgrounds are not small…), this is likely causing the long initial loading time. When Windows Defender starts scanning all of the new temporary directories being created, that load time takes even longer. It is strange that Windows 11 is specifically taking even longer, and I’ve asked the development team to investigate this during their developments.

VEXcode VR is slated for an update in the next few months with the new app container fixes we’re working on - so while I don’t have a perfect solution at the moment, we’re aware of the issue and working on a fix. Apologies for the issues but hopefully knowing that a fix is coming will help some.

Hi Tim!

Thanks for the detailed reply, I appreciate that cross platform development is (still) not for the faint hearted :rofl:. It’s not really causing me any great issues at the moment as I can always roll back to Win10.

Regards,
Michael