Saving in VEX Code IQ

Hello, I am looking for a way to save from the vexcode iq website where it will save overtop of the file instead of saving a new file every time.

Also, is there a way for the students to turn-in a file to google classroom assignments and I can open it to check through the code?

Hi @Raymond_Milligan!

The ability to save a file by replacing an existing file is currently only supported on VEXcode IQ for desktop & tablets; however, we are looking into how to implement the same functionality in the web version.

Online submissions through Google Classroom are not currently supported on VEXcode, and this is not currently a planned addition.

We do have a “Share” feature that would allow your students to download a .pdf file of their project code along with their name, assignment, and notes. They can then submit the PDF and/or the IQ project file as (an) attachment(s) to a Google Classroom assignment submission, so you can have all of your students projects in a single location.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we are always happy to help!

Thanks @Benjamin_Stetzer for that great response! For even a little more detail @Raymond_Milligan on what Ben already mentioned, here are two articles that show you how to download PDFs of the projects or the project files themselves that can be shared in Google Classroom.

Note that these articles are about VEXcode VR, but downloading .iqblocks project files and sharing PDFs via Google Classroom is a very similar process as what you will see in these articles:

I hope this helps! :slight_smile: