Social Distance Activity

So when the kids got back from school, I wanted a fun activity that they could do socially. The students each created their own maze using classroom objects. I then used them as stations for the students to visit. Worked out well. thumbnail_Image (2) thumbnail_Image (1)

2 Likes

That looks awesome! And so much fun! Great idea for socially distanced collaboration! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lori I love this idea! We have a 10 minute limit on collaboration if that helps to ask your administrators for. It’s a great time - because I can have my students use VEX GO - build their robot - and then we continue with the lesson after packing up and scooting away to be more socially distant. Hopefully that helps! I’m posting some pictures below with what has worked for me today! Let me know if you have questions - please keep sharing ideas it’s super helpful.

IMG_7541

IMG_7526

IMG_7563

IMG_7561

1 Like

That sounds like a really nice balance to start to get back in the swing of working collaboratively, @Anna_Blake. I’m sure that true ‘group work’ in the sense that we’re used to, will take some adjusting to for kids, so doing it in small increments is actually an nice way to gradually transition back for them.

Also, are your kids building a J.O.S.H. from the book?? If yes, that’ll make my entire month! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can I just say kids BEYOND love J.O.S.H!!

We had a blast - each grade level - and they now like to do it by memory at the beginning of class. I think it’s just so fun and such a great way to intro a new piece of tech with a story!

I did the whole story - and Jo ofcourse is a hit as well. Kids just love it!

1 Like

@Anna_Blake you have no idea how much you have just MADE MY DAY, WEEK, MONTH, and More! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: