Student Engineering Notebooks for EXP

I wanted to start this thread to post updates to the engineering notebooks my students are doing in EXP.

Please feel free to ask me questions and I will try to get examples and pictures. I would also appreciate any feedback and helpful criticism you all may have.

Here is a PDF I made so I could print out some small clawbots that the students pasted into their notebooks:
EXP Clawbots X6.pdf (1.3 MB)

you can see the print out in the upper-left of the picture. They look just fine in black and white.

1 Like

My class started this notebook a few days ago. They are very fresh to robotics/engineering so I am doing a more directed lesson than I normally would. I am having them copy what I do into their own notebooks.

I plan to have them start adding their own unique information/data/format in the very new future.

• Used a very simple composition notebook.

• Title Page

• Illustrating how to denote a blank page.

• Table of contents page with a couple extra for room to grow.

• Definitions pages (more of a “school” type thing than an engineering notebook thing) with room to grow as we run into new terms as a class.

@Lauren_Harter Is it possible to get a STEP file (or even an STL) of the EXP clawbot? I would like to get some nice TOP RIGHT and SIDE views.

This will also help me differentiate for my lower students (and SPED) that aren’t as good at drawing in their notebooks.

Hi @Mark_Johnston! This is an amazing post. Thank you so much for sharing. I don’t have a STEP file, but I do have these renders. Do these work?

Awesome! Thank you. I have students already using them.

1 Like

Awesome! I can’t wait to see the progress of their notebooks!

I love seeing the engineering notebooks! Thanks so much for sharing, Mark.

In my experience, students can easily get overwhelmed when they arent sure where to start on a notebook. This is a fantastic start to help give them the foundation for both the classroom competitions and maybe even VRC if they decide to join a team after having all this great experience.