Tool for fixing broken wire/port clip?

Unfortunately, one of the clips that allows one of our VEX GO motors to snap into the port on the brain broke today. With my IQ parts, it’s just an easy fix to grab a new wire since the motor has a port as well. With GO, the wire is fixed to the motor. Is there a tool/repair kit available for an easy fix? Right now this entire motor is useless without that tiny bit of plastic that keeps it locked into the port. I can imagine this issue my come up again since these materials are shared across 10 - 2nd and 3rd grade classrooms.

Hi Amy - there are three options available to help resolve your issue.

1. (Recommended) RMA the motor via VEX Support to receive a replacement motor at no cost.
    https://kb.vex.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039793971-Return-Repair-Replacement

2. (Not as recommended, but possible) The VEX GO connector uses the same 4P4C connector as the VEX EXP/V5 system. You could use a V5 Crimping Tool (276-5773) and V5 Smart Cable Connectors (276-5775) to replace the connector on your VEX GO cable. We do not currently have documentation to support this route as it involved a more advanced process to replace the connector, but is technically possible.
    V5 Smart Cables and Tools - VEX Robotics

3. Purchase a replacement VEX GO motor.
    GO Smart Motor - VEX Robotics