Using the Get Ready....Get VEX....GO! Storybook

Have you used the PDF book and teacher guide to support the introduction of VEX GO with your students? Did you share this beyond the classroom to families to strengthen connections between home and school? Look forward to hearing from others and their VEX GO journey.

Link: https://kb.vex.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058459512-Using-the-Get-Ready-Get-VEX-GO-Book-as-a-Teaching-Tool

Wow - sharing with families. What a tremendous idea. @Anna_Blake - this would be tremendous

1 Like

I absolutely love that idea! You could add the link to the Letter Home as well, if you send the Letter Home out electronically.

3 Likes

You could create a JOSH from the book and send it home in a little bag with a journal and some info on VEX GO, including the link to the book. A student can read the story with their parents, spend the evening with JOSH, and then write in their journal about what he or she did.

4 Likes

Oh @LORI_COLANGELO this is a great idea to build those school and family connections through robotics. Adding onto your idea, the student how has the JOSH journal could share as part of STEM and tell (no longer show and tell)!

1 Like

@Michele_Pikunic I LOVE the concept of a STEM and TELL! Sometimes a simple change like that can be super meaningful. Not only can students share with their classmates, you can also open up STEM and Tell to families in your classroom - to share pictures or record a little video of something from their jobs, or a STEM related hobby they engage in at home. Then the family can have a turn to ‘share’ during class - and build the home-school connection in another way.

1 Like

My kids LOVED Josh - and I love this idea. I think I’ll try to start this in my 3rd grade. I know these kiddos are looking for anything more to do with STEM. I think the transition from 2nd to 3rd is so hard - and this could be a great way to transition these kiddos from 2nd grade STEM to 3rd grade STEM. Great ideas and I’ll keep sharing pictures of how it goes. Thanks!

1 Like

STEM and TELL. Love it!!!