Using VEX GO Activities

I wanted to make a place to discuss using the VEX GO Activities.

IMG_8653
IMG_8654

First of all - I love using these activities in my classroom. I have found that I use them in a multitude of ways. Here’s a list of what I’m doing:

• Early Finisher Activity (different activities stacked for kids to choose from)

• An in-between activity to use between STEM Labs. I usually use this with my section that is far ahead of another class so I keep all sections of a grade level on the same STEM Lab rotation.

• Fun activity to use after completing a STEM Lab Unit

• Choiceboard Activity for 10 minutes at the end of class

• Sub Plans! I have found that kids are very good at the routines and the sub has a few directions and the kids can build and make during that 40 minute STEAM period as many activities as they want individually or as a group.

IMG_8662
IMG_8663

I really think VEX GO Activities has given my classroom the differentiation and personalized learning that I needed. No other tech I’ve seen gives students the ability to make with hands on learning guided and independently directed. Here’s some pictures below for you to see the kids. I may post next about my fave activities.

IMG_8664
IMG_8666

What do you do with your kids? I’m always looking for suggestions. Thanks everyone!

IMG_8895
IMG_8896

5 Likes

Here’s are some of favorite VEX GO Activities. I know there’s new ones almost every week so this list will most likely change!

IMG_8895
IMG_8896

Lunar Rover - Anything space and my kiddos are all about it. I love how creative kids can be with this challenge. I had a few kids that wanted to do the exact design as the picture with a few upgrades. I think there’s a lot that you can do with this activity. I’ve used it as a 20 minute whole group and a choice board activity.

IMG_8637
IMG_8666

Engineer It - Kids really enjoy being creative. I have found that my 3rd graders especially need more structure instead of a free build. This activity really helped me give the students the ability to learn about the different connectors and really dig into some of the VEX GO pieces that they hadn’t dealt with in the STEM Labs before.

IMG_8645
IMG_8647
IMG_8654
IMG_8659
IMG_8663

Creature Creation - This activity is a fan favorite. I have to say kids absolutely loved this. I had kids making lions, tigers and even bears. I’m really happy to report this is a great intro activity especially for grade 3. My little ones didn’t have a foundation for hands on building from last year with the pandemic and remote teaching so this activity really helped them get into the mode of just building and the iterative process.

I’ll keep adding more! Add yours as well! I’m always interested in a new activity!

6 Likes

These are fantastic Anna thanks for sharing!! If the kids ever say anything like ‘I wish we had an activity for XXX’ please let us know! We love the feedback! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its great to see GO Activities in action! Thanks for sharing Anna! And if you or your students have any ideas for new activities, please share on the Activities Page in the community: VEX Community Activities | Community
-Olivia

1 Like