V5 competition super kit builds

Hi all! We are working to build a V5 robot using the V5 competition super kit; however, most of the online robot builds are designed to be built with the competition starter kit. We have run into issues as the super kit does not have all the same pieces as the starter kit. Does anyone have a basic robot build, maybe the clawbot, that uses the super kit? Or does anyone have any suggestions?

2 Likes

Hello @Jennifer_Spencer! For the basic robot build you mentioned, what would you want this robot to do? For example test driving configurations, act similar to the Clawbot? I’d love to try and create something using for you with the Competition Super Kit, just let me know! :grinning:

The clawbot would be ideal. We are using it as a training robot, so to be able to show a drive train with additional mechanisms (like the claw), would be great.

We are working on building your ideal robot with the Competition Super Kit now! When is the earliest you would need it by? Thank you for letting us know about this, too.

That is awesome! We have a training that starts this Wednesday, July 20th, but I know that is a quick turnaround. We would be happy to have it at any time to help with training teachers and students.

July 20th, challenge accepted :sunglasses:

@Jennifer_Spencer just wanted to provide a quick update! I am about 90% done with the creation of the robot using only the V5 Competition Super Kit (image attached) in CAD. My plan is to build a 4 bar arm found on the Clawbot which will keep the tool level, and place a scoop similar to the second image on the end for the additional mechanism you mentioned wanting. Please let me know what you think. My plan moving forward is to attach the end of arm tooling, test the robot to see if it functions as intended, provide you with a parts list, as well as informal build instructions to follow to create this beauty. Hope you like it, and have a great weekend!

You are a rockstar! This is perfect! Thank you so much.

1 Like

Approximately how many people is this training for? Trying to see if full on build instructions would be better than exploded images of the build.

We will have 18 in this training. Tow of the teachers have some V5 experience, all others are new to VEX.

Here is a demo video! This is close to the final build minus some electronics and revisions. I just wanted to provide another update that I have a build to run with. I will be making and sharing build instructions later today, so keep an eye out!

Awesome! We are doing a VEX GO training today, so I will keep an eye out. Thank you so much!

@Jennifer_Spencer Here you go! Let us know if there is anything else we can do!
CompetitionSuper DemoBot.pdf (10.3 MB)

Thank you again for your help! I’m going to send a few pics of the training!

2 Likes

This is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing! And kudos to @Matthew_Goodwin for making that robot functional and easy to build :smiley:

That is so cool to see, thank you so much for sharing! I work better under pressure so the time constraint only helped me :grinning: Glad the training turned out well!