V5 Competition

Hey, we are brand new to robotics this year and need help. We bought the super kit assuming it had everything we needed for our team but my kids are struggling to get a robot built. Also do we need two to compete?

Hi @Charity_Dillon! Do you have the V5 Competition Super Kit? Or the V5 Classroom Super Kit? Thanks :slight_smile:

The competition super kit

Howdy @Charity_Dillon, what are you struggling with? Is it to build one specific robot due to a lack of parts? I guess I’m asking what specifically seems to be the issue, the kit has plenty of parts to get started. Something not often mentioned is you do have the liberty to cut parts and make custom sized C-Channels, our team uses a cheap angle grinder from harbor freight to cut them, you can also cut shafts down to any size needed.

Lastly, you do only need one robot if you are doing VRC. the 2 robot program geared to VEX U, no pun intended. lol Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hey @Charity_Dillon and welcome to PD+! Check out @Jennifer_Spencer’s post “V5 competition super kit builds” in which she was experiencing the same issue. @Omar_Cortez hit the nail on the head by saying; with the competition super kit you have “the liberty to cut parts and make custom sized C-Channels” for the purpose of creating your own robot.

If you don’t want to jump into the deep end first, I get it though. I worked with Jennifer to create a simple Competition Super Kit “DemoBot” and fashioned some impromptu build instructions together, which do not require you to cut any parts to build. Please check these build instructions out and let me know what you think, or if you have any new plans on where to get started after using these. Also, if you would like something made similar to the Competition Super DemoBot, please let me know and I’ll see what I can do!
CompetitionSuper DemoBot.pdf (10.3 MB)

1 Like

There’s also tons of builds found at builds.vex.com that your students can use to get started :slight_smile:

1 Like

We have the competition super kit.

Thank you so much for your help!

Hello @Charity_Dillon! I see @Omar_Cortez and @Matthew_Goodwin provided some awesome suggestions, is there anything else that we can help you with to get started? :slight_smile: