Valentine's Day Activities

I am looking for some new and creative activities for Valentine’s Day. I can think of coding to to certain objects, but I would like to do something different and challenging. Please share all ideas.
@Audra_Selkowitz @Anna_Blake

1 Like

I’m so delighted you asked about this! Here are a few ideas to get you going :slight_smile:

1. Post Monster General - The intrepid postman of Valentineville is trying to deliver all of the mail, but the roads around town are tricky! Giant candy hearts and valentine tunnels have appeared all over, and now the post-monster needs to navigate around it all to retrieve and deliver the valentine’s where they need to go!

Have students turn their 123 Robots into Valentine’s monsters, and set up an obstacle course/maze on the Tiles that they need to navigate through. Add tunnels, walls, pools of lava - get creative, to make the path as tricky as possible for the post-monster! Here’s a quickie example so you can get an idea

1. Valentine Feels - Valentine’s Day is about sharing love and kindness with those around you. Talk about the feelings associated with Valentine’s Day and acts of kindness, and brainstorm a list. Have students choose a feeling and code the 123 Robot to act out that feeling. (Similar to the Role Play Robot STEM Lab Unit).
    Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 5.18.02 PM

Turn your 123 Robot into a creature or character that represents that feeling to you, and write a story about the creature and what happened to make it feel like this :slight_smile:

1. Special Delivery - This is a game of delivering Valentine kindness to others in the class! First, You put all the 123 groups names/pictures in a hat. Each group chooses one out of the hat and has to write a kind valentine’s message to whomever they choose, and make an Art Ring creature for them.

Then, Around a Field you put pictures or names of each 123 group in the class. Like this quick example (using the same post-monster from earlier)

Each group has to code the 123 Robot to drive from their names to their secret partner’s names to deliver the valentine.

Gather the group together so everyone can send the deliveries around - and it’ll be a surprise where they are going! You could then repeat the process as many times as you wanted to :slight_smile:

I hope these are helpful @Desiree_White-Price ! Let me know what you come up with and do in your class!

1 Like