Vex Classroom Storage!

Team,

If you have some great ideas on how to store undone projects for classroom teachers ( Vex Go, Vox IQ), I’d love to hear/see your organization.
Thanks so much for your help!

1 Like

Welcome @Quynh_Nhu_Tran! I know that @LORI_COLANGELO, @Jessica_Drayer, @Anna_Blake, and @Omar_Cortez might have some great ideas or even pictures from their classrooms on how they store builds/projects! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely try to get some bookshelves or some type of shelving. This is how my students store their robots all year.

5 Likes

I agree! I used wire shelves and had them put their bots on top of the cases.

1 Like

Thank you Lauren!

Wow. Love it. Thanks Omar so much for sharing!

Hi Mark, thank you for sharing. As of right now, we have teachers put their kids’ project on top of the box. We also have quite a few undone projects and it’s challenging to move without losing pieces.

I wonder if plastic tray would help…

Hi @Quynh_Nhu_Tran - Your comment about the plastic tray reminded me that when I was teaching I used to use plastic restaurant trays for project storage whenever there were lots of small parts involved. You might already know this, but they are really inexpensive if you get them at a restaurant supply store!

1 Like

Hi @Quynh_Nhu_Tran, My student teams use Rubbermaid bins to store their robots and unfinished assemblies. The downside has been part hoarding.

I’m thinking about using full-size sheet pans next year. Good idea or bad idea?

1 Like

Hi David, I was thinking about using plastic tray for the kids. Students can build on it, or have pieces on it without loosing them. We run STEM K-5 and there are so many materials needed to be stored besides Vex. Classroom space is also limited so it becomes more challenging when it comes to organize and store projects/undone projects. Thank you for sharing!

I have the gen 1 containers and purchased smaller ones to keep the extra kit pieces in. The large storage took up way to much counterspace and made the room look messy. I also keep extra pieces in plastic “shoebox” size containers that I can access quickly if the students need a part not n their kits.

1 Like