VEX GO Conference Presentation

I got to actually do a conference presentation with people today. I was fairly excited.

20210615_081615

I put a VEX GO kit at every table and let the teachers build and explore as I discussed the GO value props. It worked really well. I can’t wait to do this at more conferences

6 Likes

That’s awesome! Letting the teachers build with the kits themselves is so powerful, they can see how fun, simple, fast, and easy it is!

3 Likes

That sounds fantastic! I always really enjoyed hands-on elements to PD workshops - it’s so much easier to make the connection to how you would do/use/present something to your own students. Were there any like “lightbulb moments” for teachers as they were building, or any intriguing responses?

Lightbulb moments:

• When they began taking pieces out and saw there was an image underneath

• When they used the Pin Tool

• The different builds - each group of teachers did something different

• How easy/fast it was to build then teach, then tear down

One of the teachers had her daughter with her. She built the Code Base and had it moving in a square at the end. One of the teachers asked if there was a login needed for VEXcode. I said, nope. @Ricky_Quinones told the girl to type in codego.vex.com, she connected Code Base to her device, and she was off and running with coding.

4 Likes

That’s wonderful!

Very cool! I would love to present GO at my district PD later in the fall (if possible)!

1 Like