Vex Go Creature Creation & Habitats

I’m always looking for a creative way to use our Vex Go Kits in a cross-curricular activity. A 4th grade teacher in our building had her students use the Vex Go Kit to build animals using the Creature Creation Activity. She then asked them to draw the animal’s habitat and placed their creatures in the habitats. I love the way the pictures turned out. Has anyone else found a creative way to use their Vex Go Kits as a cross-curricular activity?

5 Likes

I love this mixed media art.

@Tina_Dietrich This post absolutely makes my day!! I love this SO much! To take it a step further and bring ELA into the mix, you could have students write a story about their creature, and what it’s doing in the drawing. You could write both a fiction version (like a journal entry from the perspective of the animal) and a non-fiction version (about what animals in this habitat actually do in the real world) to get creative writing and expository writing involved. (It reminds me of the lab activities in the Fun Frogs STEM Lab, actually.)

@Anna_Blake and @Laura_Mackay I feel like both of you would love this too!

These are brilliant! The panda is especially happymaking! I was thinking it would be really fun to make little stop motion animations with them - you could incorporate that along with @Audra_Selkowitz 's writing ideas for an amazing cross-curricular project!

2 Likes