VEX GO Crocodile

Here’s a VEX GO version of an oldie that educators that have been around a while probably recognise!
A nice way to introduce pulleys and if you wanted to, you could always redesign to use the red and blue gears in the bevel mode too.

20210401_165344

4 Likes

That is tremendous. @Anna_Blake Here is something fun you could do with your students

1 Like

That’s AWESOME!!! I’m definitely going to try to build that this weekend. @Anna_Blake that could be a fun build to leave in the teacher’s lounge :smile: with a little note to try it out and leave a comment!

This is really cool. I think I am going to make this with GO pieces and ask my students if they can replicate it (as best they can) with their IQ kits.

1 Like

I haven’t gotten to make mine yet, but have been thinking about how to add an eye sensor so that when someone goes to touch it, the mouth snaps open or something… perhaps the April Fool’s Day “spirit” is getting the better of me :laughing:

Yes! This is exactly what I had in mind for extension activities!

1. Build a croc and use the switch and battery to move it
  2. Swap the switch for the Brain and code it to snap
  3. Add the Eye Sensor and have it lie in wait until someone puts something in it’s mouth…then snap
1 Like

YES! I’m beyond excited. Are there build instructions?

1 Like

That’s a great idea - a fun design challenge

@Chris_Calver are there any build instructions?

Hey Anna. No, there are not build instructions, just the activity sheet.

I’m not sure of the easiest way to make build instructions for little builds like this, maybe just a few photos to work from is the easiest way.

Hey @Anna_Blake - here are some photos that I took when I tested this project. They show the crocodile from different angles.

It is so satisfying when you are able to make the crocodile’s mouth open and close! There is also lots of room for iteration, so students can personalize the build.
I hope these help. :crocodile: :crocodile: :crocodile:

2 Likes