VEX GO Fidget!

I created this for my own fidgety fingers with some GO pieces… then thought it could be a great open-ended activity for kids - make your own VEX GO Fidget toy. They could build it, use it in class, make build instructions to share with other students, work on it during Choice Time or at a Learning Center, or just for some Friday afternoon fun.

What kind of movable fidget toy can you make? Please share ideas, photos or videos here!

5 Likes

Excellent - thanks for sharing

1 Like

Thanks for the inspiration, @Audra_Selkowitz! I actually took some time with my morning coffee and came up with my own today.

IMG_20210414_115736 IMG_20210414_115644

I love the Slide Beam piece, so I knew I wanted to make a fidget that would slide back and forth.

2 Likes

This is such a neat engineering challenge for kids that need an extension after finishing a build. Ok I’m adding this to my choice board for kids. I never want kids to yell “Miss Blake I’m done - what do I do now” - it’s the equivalent to “Are we there yet?”

Thanks for the suggestion!!!

2 Likes

Love this idea @Audra_Selkowitz
I made this VEX GO version of the IQ MAD Box.
Its so satisfying - everyone in my bubble is obsessed with it! They can’t stop playing w/ it - and neither can I- LOL.

1 Like

Please share some images or videos when your students make things! I’d love to see more ideas :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Audra_Selkowitz for the encouragement! I love seeing your ideas - I’m adding this to my Friday lesson for 3rd grade. This grade level is just so curious and wants to explore with VEX GO - it’s super hard for us to clean up at the end of the lesson.

3 Likes