VEX GO Mars Robot

Hi everyone!

I wanted to see if anyone else has been using the Mission to Mars STEM Units.

I have been working this week with my kiddos on Collecting a Sample and then Delivering the Sample.

Kids are really enjoying this activity more this year. This is our 3rd year implementing VEX GO and now the kids have had 3 years of using VEX GO.

I enjoyed seeing kids compare it to the VEX GO Competition last year and how “easy” this STEM lab seemed in comparison.

I’m thinking of ways to “Level” the challenges up for my gifted students. Any thoughts?

Here’s some awesome pictures!

5 Likes

Great pictures @Anna_Blake Thanks for sharing. Ideas for leveling up:

• Oh no! Something on Mars is disrupting the drivetrain commands. Students now have to code their robot using individual motor commands.

• Include obstacles that the Mars Rover needs to avoid.

• Use the Competition Advanced build and have the students pick up and carry the samples and return the samples to the base.

Let me know if any of these ideas sound good. Thanks!

1 Like

@Anna_Blake I agree- fantastic pictures! Another ‘level up’ idea I thought of would be to combine the Astronaut Rescue Activity with this STEM Lab Unit. So make a device that attaches to the Code Base to rescue Col. Jo from a crater! You could make it motorized, and/or code the motor to turn the pulley and rescue Jo. This would add a building component, and could level up the coding by adding a motor to the build.

It could be fun to have this seem like a ‘spontaneous’ challenge where like partway through class an alarm goes off to announce the ‘emergency’!