VEX GO Morning Meeting Games - Yes or No with GO!

One of my students’ favorite morning meeting games was one where I stuck a post-it with a number on it to a students’ back, and they had to ask yes or no questions of all the students in the circle to try to determine what the number was. They were usually so proud when they solved it that they’d wear the post it for the rest of they day, or stick it on their notebook or table. It was great for helping kids learn to read multi-digit numbers correctly, and to help them with place value and deductive reasoning.

I thought it might be fun to adapt this activity to help kids get to know the pieces in the VEX GO Kit and also practice their questioning and deductive reasoning, so I made this community activity - Yes or No with GO! (You could definitely do this with VEX IQ pieces as well!)

I hope you’ll try it out and let me know how your students like it! In case you missed it, here’s a link to another community thread with a VEX GO morning meeting activity in it as well.

Does anyone else have ideas for adapting morning meeting games to incorporate robotics? If so, please share them here!

2 Likes

I love this activity @Aimee_DeFoe Thank you for creating and sharing!

1 Like