VEX GO Presentations at Conferences

Hi there!

I just got back from PETE&C which is Pennsylvania’s big technology conference. We had over 5,000 people there from all over the state. I got to present and wanted to share my presentation here on how to use VEX GO competitions as my Bi-Annual Assessment. BUT I also wanted to share some of the creative ideas from friends I met with VEX 123.

Here’s my presentation link: Assessing STEM with VEX GO Competitions PETE&C 2023 .pptx - Google Slides

Poster to Download:

Assessing STEM with VEX GO Competitions Poster.pdf (20.1 MB)

I have to give a huge shout out to JG who I met for the first time at PETE&C. He did a poster session about VEX 123 and I just loved his ideas. He 3D printed Dragons to fit on VEX 123 and found these really neat cones that fit perfectly on the field from Dollar Tree.

Uploading: IMG_0145.HEIC…

Here’s hoping JG gets approval to join PD+ - ya’ll are going to love him!

Have you presented about VEX GO or VEX 123? Share here!

4 Likes

Great work @Anna_Blake I love the concept of using the VEX GO competitions as a form of authentic assessment.

@Anna_Blake
@Desiree_White-Price and I recently got our Vex Go Competition Kits. We are really excited to incorporate the competition as part of our end of the year assessment.
We were a bit overwhelmed when opening the box to find a lot of small bags filled with different pieces. Any suggestions on how to best begin building the fields. We aren’t sure how to figure out which bags/pieces are for each part of the field/build as nothing is labeled.