VEX IQ Computer Connection

OK… So I have Apple computers with MacOS Sierra version 10.12.6. Using the VEXcode app which was just downloaded, we are loading the programs into the VEX IQ robots. The connection issue that I am having is I have to unplug the robot from the computer and the robot multiple times before it actually makes the connection lighting up the download button. The connection eventually gets made, however it is very frustrating for the students and myself when trying to assist in trouble shooting. Is there any fix to this issue?

Sorry to hear that you are having issues. Here are a few simple things you can try to help.

• Make sure you don’t have any other VEX applications open when you are trying to connect VEXcode IQ to your robot. If another application tries to connect to the IQ Brain at the same time, both applications will have issues communicating with the brain.
  • Try different USB cables. Cables can have issue which cause an unreliable connection
  • Make sure that the brain is fully updated. When VEXcode does connect, it should prompt you if the brain needs an update.

If those do not work, I will need some additional information.

1. What generation of VEX IQ are you using? VEX IQ 1st generation or VEX IQ 2nd generation?
  2. Are you able to connect to the VEX IQ Brain using the web version using Google Chrome? https://codeiq.vex.com. You will need to click on the brain icon in the blue toolbar, then click connect.
  3. Can you please open VEXcode IQ then try to connect to the brain. after making the connection, please send feedback with the diagnostic data checked and make note of this post in the feedback.

I would also like to point out that we don’t officially support macOS Sierra. The oldest version we support is macOS High Sierra (10.13). So if possible, it might help if you can update your machines to a new version of macOS.