VEX IQ VEXcode VR Fields

A teacher in the UK at Langton Grammar School has made these amazing fields for their classroom so that their students can take what they learn on the VEXcode VR Playgrounds and see how it translates to a physical robot.

The magnet is a passive one but it still allows them to recreate some of the disk playgrounds really nicely. I also love the use of the cube parts to replicate the Line Detector playground concept!

6 Likes

This is awesome!

2 Likes

WOW! That’s amazing! Reminds me of some of the activities @LORI_COLANGELO was doing too! That’s so cool!!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

These activities and fields are Great @Chris_Calver! This would also work really well with VEX GO using the Electromagnet. I could see you doing this with your students @Mark_Johnston!

2 Likes

Love it. I just started using parts of my blocks instead of the whole thing. It’s a game changer.

2 Likes

@Nancy_Nguyen - have you seen this thread? I know you are new to the community and working with your middle school robotics team. These are some great activities that can be used to develop students’ coding skills for the autonomous portion of competitions. Students can practice with the VEXcode VR version then complete these challenges with physical robots!

1 Like

Hi Olivia! Thanks for letting me know about some of these threads. I will be following them and implementing some of these ideas with our MS.

Thanks!

Nancy

2 Likes

I also like some of the new activities using the field sides underneath the field giving it some height. It gives it a new spin.

2 Likes

Yes, @LORI_COLANGELO -here is an example of how you can set up the Field Tiles to make a raised field.

This is the field set up for the IQ and EXP Castle Crasher STEM Lab Units

3 Likes