VEX PD+ Live Sessions: Coding with Python in VEXcode

Welcome to the thread for the “Coding with Python in VEXcode” Live Session! Here, you have the opportunity to discuss with VEX Experts and educators from around the world about Python coding with IQ, EXP, V5, and VEXcode VR. You can also ask questions and provide suggestions for what you would like to see discussed during each session in this series. We’re so excited to learn with you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

In Session 1 on Thursday, April 6th, you will learn all about beginning to code with Python in VEXcode. We will go over the basic structure of commands, the features of Python in VEXcode, and walk through solving a coding challenge in Python using VEXcode VR.

You will walk away with a new Python-focused activity for use with VEXcode VR and a better understanding of Python in VEXcode.

If you have specific questions, please post here!

How do we register for this?? Can’t wait to learn!

1 Like

You can register here @Jessica_Drayer! :slight_smile:

Excited to see you all tonight for the first Coding with Python Live Session! Remember that this thread is always open for questions or ideas of what types of challenges you would want to see in future sessions.

2 Likes

@Alaina_Caulkett Sorry I missed this session because of my time zone difference. I will watch the recording and let you know if I have questions or suggestions.
I hope you had a great learning session and participants were engaged.

1 Like

Thanks, Seth! I will let you know as soon as the session recording is published.

@Seth_Ogoe_Ayim (and anyone else who missed the session) Here is the link to the recording! And a reminder that I use VEXcode V5 in this session, but the same challenge and concepts could apply for VEX IQ (2nd gen) or VEX EXP as well. Lots that can be used cross-platform.

Coding with Python in VEXcode Live Session

1 Like

Oh my goodness, I love this!!! Finally getting to watch the first class that I missed because of a school event. I am new to Python, and I’m so excited to start using and teaching with Python as the VEXcode makes python so easy, especially with the auto complete function. Great, fun, completely accessible lesson that will be engaging to students and give this such a great opportunity for success starting out with Python!

Yikes, I am just seeing this and want to sign up! Is it too late? Can I see videos of the previous Live sessions?
Thanks-
Michelle

It’s not too late at all! Each month we will be going over a different kind of challenge, so there will always be something new everyone can get started with.

You can register here if you have an all access license: https://pd.vex.com/sessions

And the recording for the first session can be found here: https://pd.vex.com/videos/coding-with-python-in-vexcode-april-6th-2023

1 Like

That’s great! Just registered for the next session and can’t wait to listen to the recording of the previous session. Is there a link for the previous Engineering 101 session too?
Thank you so much Alaina!
:slight_smile: Michelle

3 Likes

Hi @Michelle_Sherry! Here is the link to the first Engineering 101 session :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone! As we gear up for our second session next week, I want to know if there are any Python topics you are really interested in learning about? Please let me know and maybe one can make it as the focus of our next session :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking forward to tomorrow evening for session #2 of the Coding with Python in VEXcode Live Session!

At 6:30pm EST on Thursday, May 11th we will be talking all about storing information in our Python projects using variables and functions. All of this coding will be taking place in VEXcode VR so you can follow along with me as we talk through how and why to use these ways to store information in your projects.

If you cannot make the session tomorrow evening, there will be a recording posted early next week. See you tomorrow!

1 Like