VEX Robotics Educators Conference 2023 Share and Speaker's Presentations

Share with us your favorite session, pictures from the event or something you are able to implement right away when you are back

Speaker Presentations:

Dr David Touretzky - Teaching Artificial Intelligence in K-12
Touretzky_VEX_2023.pdf (3.5 MB)

Dr Laura Mackay - Engaging and Inspiring Students with VEX Robotics
Engaging and Inspiring with VEX Robotics.pdf (3.8 MB)

Dr Daniel Castagna & Mr Eddie Willson - Implementing STEM for All Students
Implementing STEM for All Students.pdf (1.8 MB)

Dr David Weintrop - Computer Science Education
Research in K-12 Classrooms
CS Education Research in Classrooms.pdf (19.7 MB)

Dr Rabieh Hafza and Mrs Carrie Edwards - STEM From Buzzword to
Authentic Application
STEM - From Buzzword to Authentic Application.pdf (21.8 MB)
Engineering Continuum.pdf (169.9 KB)

Mr Marco Diez, Mrs Nataly Bohn, Mrs Kim Seitz - Expanding VEX Robotics Programs
in Your District with a LMS
Expanding VEX Robotics Programs in Your District With an LMS.pdf (2.0 MB)

Rebecca Bailey, Katrina Miller and Mr Jose Radilla - Building Equity Using Physical Computing. The CS4ALL Lending Library
Building Equity in Physical Computing.pptx (7.7 MB)

Dr Rebecca Grella - Scientists and Teachers Engaging in Professional Development: A District-wide VEX Roll-out

2 Likes

I’ll start… My favorite part of attending the conference was not only meeting the diverse group of people but also witnessing the dynamic interactions among attendees. It was inspiring to see how we learned from each other, shared ideas, and engaged in enriching conversations that spilled out into the hallways. The sense of community and collaboration throughout the event was truly amazing.

Hi @Nicole_Champagne! I absolutely loved meeting everyone and finally putting names with faces. I really enjoyed being able to showcase what my district has been doing with @Desiree_White-Price and @Tina_Dietrich since jumping all in K-12 at the beginning of this school year and sharing ideas with @Omar_Cortez & Mrs. Cortez, Peter, @Anna_Blake, Mark, Jessica & so many others! It was very refreshing and I brought back so many great ideas to share with my colleagues!

4 Likes

I truly enjoyed making connections and seeing the possibilities for the VEX IQ. My favorite session was the Expanding VEX Robotics program in your District with a LMS. The Miami crew definitely have it together and I cannot wait for the share of their Schoology group classroom. I also enjoyed my 1:1 convo. You guys make things seem so sample and I appreciate that. I cannot wait to receive my follow up email with my links and info.

Dr. Kim Wood- Schertz Cibolo Universal City ISD
kiwood@scuc.txed.net

4 Likes

My biggest takeaway is that we are not doing this wrong. We were given a few kits and a scope and sequence and told to get started. This PD family has really helped our district grow into something special. We have created a VEX culture that is thriving and ready to progress. It was a pleasure meeting everyone. I can’t wait to see our district’s future.

3 Likes

This is really wonderful to hear, @Desiree_White-Price !

1 Like