VEX Robotics Educators Conference Speakers!

What speakers are you most excited to hear from at the VEX Robotics Educators Conference?

I had the pleasure of meeting Carrie Edwards and Dr Rabieh Hafza back in the fall of 2022 at a VEX GO training. They’ve been rolling out VEX 123, GO, and IQ across Henry County, Georgia and I cannot wait to hear how they’ve been implementing each in these various classrooms.
Dr Hafza also has an active Twitter where he shares what these various STEM teachers are doing in the classroom! Such creative things happening down in Henry County.

Can’t wait to hear what speakers you are excited to see!

2 Likes

Those are great speakers. I am personally looking forward to hearing from Dr. David Touretzky. He has some great insights on AI education in grades K-12. With AI being in the news so much lately, his talk could not come at a better time. Dave is the chair of AI4K12 - I love their big ideas in AI Education. See more here: Big Ideas Poster – AI4K12

3 Likes

I am looking forward to all of them, but especially the hands-on facilitated workshop with Axel Reitzig and his team. It will be great to support participants in their strategic planning for their programs when they head home. Also the Team from Miami Dade are sharing how they have expanded VEX in their distict with their LMS. All middle school students use VEXcode VR so will be interesting to hear how they are managing and running that. They also have an active Twitter.

1 Like

I work in the same district as Axel Reitzig. He and his team from the SVVSD Innovation Center have been doing amazing things to support the implementation of robotics programs across all schools in our district. Don’t miss this session!

4 Likes

@James_Nesbitt Totally agree - amazing things are happening at St. Vrain. This will be a great session

1 Like

I am really looking forward to Dr. Maya Israel’s presentation about Inclusivity in CS. I think this is such an important topic, and I’m so eager to hear more about her work!

I’m also looking forward to hearing what @Laura_Mackay has been up to since last year’s conference!

1 Like

I’m excited to catch up with @Katrina_Miller, @Rebecca_Bailey and Jose Radilla from the Chicago Public Schools! Their Lending Library is such an innovative way to bring equitable opportunities for STEM learning to students across their district!

1 Like

Hey Aimee,
We are excited to catch up with you as well in April!! Can’t wait to connect with you!

2 Likes

Hi Katrina! Can’t wait to collaborate with you and the team from Chicago.

1 Like