VEX V5 Controller Error

I have two issues. 1) I keep receiving this error when trying to sync controller to the brain wirelessly. It works fine when I plug it into the brain. When I unplug and try I receive the error message. 2) On my second speedbot the forward and reverse works fine but my left and right is backwards. How do switch the controllers to work properly?

Thank you,
David

Hi @David_Wettrich! Thanks so much for your message.

For issue 1. Do you have a radio installed on your robot? This article can walk you through that process.

For issue 2. Are your smart ports connected to the correct motors and ports that are noted in the Build Instructions? If so, this article will walk you through the different controller configurations.

Let me know if this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Lauren_Harter! Thank you for your response.

Issue 1. Yes, the radio is installed. I followed the article you posted as well. It worked before, just not sure why it stopped working.

Issue 2. I’m not at school today. I will need to check the ports tomorrow. If it continues not to work I’ll send you a screen shot of our controller configurations.

Thank you,
David

1 Like

Hi @David_Wettrich! All of that sounds good, thank you for the information.

For issue 1, do you have both the Brain and Controller set to VEXnet or Bluetooth? If VEXnet didn’t work, maybe try setting both to Bluetooth to see if that would fix it. I can help you do this if you’re not sure how.

For issue 2, sounds good! Yes please let me know the Controller configurations :slight_smile: there is a way to swap the direction of the motor, so that might be able to help.

1 Like

Hi @Lauren_Harter,

It’s working now after going back and checking everything again. (Note to self: check and recheck everything) :smiley:

For issue #1 I unplugged the cable going to the radio a couple times and now it works. Must have been a loose connection. I also tried switching from VEXnet to Bluetooth before I tried reconnecting the cables.

For issue #2 the connectors where connected to the wrong motors.

Thank you for assisting me.

David

1 Like

Hi @David_Wettrich!

Glad to hear everything is working now! Please let me know if I can help with anything else :slight_smile:

1 Like