VEX V5 Workcell Extensions

I am very excited to share the VEX V5 Workcell Extensions!

These extensions are designed to be done after Labs 1-12 of the Workcell curriculum to further explore concepts such as designing and coding conveyors, gates, and diverters. This also shows the many different possibilities of the Workcell, and how editable the layout can be to achieve different tasks. It also provides practice and bridges the gap between Labs 1-12 and the Factory Automation Competition.

We will be adding more in the future! Please let me know what you think of these extensions so far! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@LORI_COLANGELO / @Maree_Timms what do you think of these so far? Can’t wait to see how you possibly use them in the future! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks very cool! We look forward to trying them out!
One of our students, from our engineering program, has taken the work cell home to have a play! They have got the conveyor section working. I’ll have to touch base again with them and see how they are going. :smiley:

3 Likes

Hope you all have been enjoying the Extensions? Especially @Maree_Timms, hope your student has been having fun while learning! I say this because six more Extensions have just been published: VEX Workcell Extensions | VEX Education! Check out Leveling Up, Stay on Track, Turning it Up, Reject Entry, Work Together, and Quality Control. Reinforcing Lauren’s point, these Extensions are designed to be done after Labs 1-12 of the Workcell curriculum to further explore concepts covered in the Labs. Please give these a try and let us know if there is a topic you would like to see explored that we have not covered yet!

2 Likes

I am loving them. We worked on building the arm in the spring, so I am really looking forward to trying different things with it in class with my students.

2 Likes

Hello everyone! I just wanted to update on the V5 Workcell Extensions! We’ve added more, included them in the V5 Workcell Pacing Guide to now offer a 36-week pacing (that includes STEM Labs + the extensions) in addition to the 16-week pacing (12 STEM Labs only). We’ve also wrote an article that explains the purpose of the V5 Workcell Extensions as well as which concepts are covered in them.

I can’t wait to hear your feedback on these! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Matt,
sorry I’ve been a bit quiet on here. Our 2nd semester got quite busy, and I got tied up with a lot of other things. I’ll be certainly checking all the extensions out, once we get back to school. Currently enjoying our summer holidays, and just catching up on things, before it all starts again. . :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have loved using the exentions. I also try to utilize the EXP in our activities to promote a real live factory feeling.

Hello @Emil_Zankov! I just wanted to tag you here since we discussed the Workcell Extensions at the VEX Educators Conference. I hope this information is helpful!

1 Like

Thank you!

@Emil_Zankov absolutely! I know we also discussed CAD resources. Here is a link to another thread here in PD+ about the marker attachment and how it can be 3D printed.

@Matthew_Goodwin not sure if you wanted to add anymore information about 3D printing materials or ideas :slight_smile:

1 Like