Windows, Android, or Chromebook?

Hi all! I have an opportunity to get either tablets or computers for my VEX Automation and Robotics program, and I also coach a VRC team. I was wondering, which is best for programming with the VexCode v5 Blocks and ease of uploading to the bots—a low end windows laptops or android tablets or Chromebooks?

I know on the computers or chromebooks we are using the usb A to micro-usb cords. But I only have my own personal laptop, and the district laptops wipe off all changes upon logging off or closing the Chromebook.

In the past we used iPads and uploaded using Bluetooth until the district locked the school iPads from downloading the free program. Is there anything similar for Android?

I’m looking to spend about $300-$350 per device. What do you all use?

1 Like

Chromebooks with the web app has been a dream for us.

Hi @Calleen_Tokashiki! Thank you for reaching out to us for advice regarding device recommendations. Even though VEXcode is supported on all devices, I would recommend a device with an Intel i3-5/AMD Ryzen 3-5, 8gb of memory, and 128-256gb of storage. This will be enough to run VEXcode smoothly, have enough space to store projects, and would suffice as an entry-level software development machine for educational purposes. Also thank you @Omar_Cortez! Yes, the browser version on Chromebooks is also a great option.
Here is a link to a BestBuy search with these specifications.
I recommend this one!
Please let me know if you have any further questions!